Sunday, April 7, 2013

The Bean on 41 "belongs in Punta Gorda"


"The Bean” has been there tucked quietly away in Towles Plaza since the day we first moved to Punta Gorda. In a way, I take it for granted, "always been there, always will be" kind of thing for me. So I reminded myself the other day when a friend asked me to meet her at the Bean that I just don’t go to this charming little gem often enough and promised myself that would change. 

Mainly because I like the feel of the place, the comfortable laid back feel, and the doggy and other pet pictures on the walls. I also like the sound of Elly Gilmore’s Scottish brogue and Bob Gilmore’s friendly smile. And oh, of course, I love the coffee – and the bagel sandwiches. And above all a place where I can hang out comfortably with a friend, puts the Bean squarely into the category of “belonging in Punta Gorda.”



Owners of the Bean on 41, Bob and Elly Gilmore, are friendly folks, who help animals. They throw fundraisers for the Animal Welfare Shelter. They welcome all well-mannered pets -- although they do ask them to remain in the outdoor dining area with the exception of service animals, who are permitted to dine indoors with their owners. The Gilmore’s also support a Parrot Rescue Project: http://parrotoutreachsociety.org/programs-services/fostering.


The Bean, known for great sandwiches and a wide variety of imported coffees and loose-leaf teas also serves salads, smoothies. It’s open from 7 a.m. to 4 p.m. Monday-Friday and 8 a.m. to noon Saturday. The Bean is in Towles Plaza, 2705 Tamiami Trail, Punta Gorda. For more information, call 941-575-1212.



.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment

Freedom Swim

Hey it's the Fourth of July in Punta Gorda Let's All Jump in the River

Hey it's Punta Gorda on the 4th of July -- and what do Punta Gordans do -- jump in the river?  Or not. Or maybe float across.  Or...